Cricket 22 Hitting Consoles for 6 in November
Big Ant today have announced their latest Cricket title, Cricket 22. That the team was working on a Cricket title is hardly a surprise, their previous titles have received quite a positive reception from cricket fans everywhere. What is surprising is the release date. Clearly not fans of a long hype period, Big Ant have announced that Cricket 22 will be available on the 25th of November 2021, so there is not long to wait at all. What’s even cooler is, unlike games from some major publishers, the PS4 and Xbox One versions will have a free upgrade to the PS5 or Xbox Series version, something that should be applauded.
In a recent press release, CEO of Big Ant, Ross Symons had this to say: “The number of cricket fans that have been asking us about our next-generation cricket plans has been overwhelming. We’re incredibly excited by what we’re able to bring to the table with Cricket 22. This is our fifth cricket simulation title, and it really represents the cumulation of everything that we’ve learned on this ten-year (and counting) journey. We have the most passionate fans, and we can’t wait to get this into their hands.”
Coming to the game are a host of new features including a cool pre-order bonus called “The Nets” which allows players to practice in the nets and get their shots right before the game is even released. You can learn all about “The Nets” thanks to a video from gaming celebrity Bajo, which you can see below along with the full feature list for the upcoming game. As a fan of their past Cricket titles, I can’t wait to check out the latest version in late November and keep your eye on Player 2 for a full review as soon as we can get our hands on the game.
Cricket 22 Feature List:
- All-new bowling and fielding controls; whether it’s a feisty fast bouncer, or the satisfying “snap” as you hurl the ball from the infield for a precision run-out, Cricket 22 features refined, tight controls that enable you to play your best game of cricket.
- A deep, narrative-driven career mode; you are in control on and off the field. You manage your training and press conferences, deal with injuries, and decide your path towards international glory!
- It’s the most accessible cricket game yet; New to Cricket? Cricket 22 makes it easier to get into the game than ever before, with a completely overhauled series of tutorials and first-time user experience. Cricket 22 is the most detailed simulation of the sport that Big Ant has ever created, and thanks to these tutorials we’ll have you out there batting and bowling like a pro in no time.
- An all-new commentary team; Cricket 22 brings a star-studded commentary team, featuring Michael Atherton, Ian Healy, Mel Jones, Alison Mitchell and David Gower. Every shot will be called with greater depth and analysis than ever before, and for the first time ever in a sports game, there will be an all-women commentary team, further deepening the representation of women in the Cricket 22
- The best-looking cricket ever; Cricket 22 takes full advantage of the capabilities of the latest generation of hardware. Not only does the game load with blinding speed, getting you into the action more quickly than ever before, it also includes a full suite of visual updates, including incredible real-time ray tracing elements, providing the most visually realistic game of cricket ever seen.