Desperados III Gets Ready to Launch
The classic PC strategy title, Desperados is getting ready to launch its 3rd title and this time it is launching on consoles as well. Releasing on June 16, the game is hitting PC, Xbox One and PS4 in a standard edition along with an amazing collectors edition that is sure to get collectors rushing to the pre-order page (Don’t go to a store folks, even Desperados practice social distancing) at EB games.
For those that don’t know Desperados III is a strategy game set in the wild west that focuses on story and carefully considered tactics to succeed. I got to check it out in action earlier this year and it looks great, bringing the classic gameplay into the modern era. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into it upon release. It is being developed by the same people that made the excellent Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, so there are some serious development chops behind this one. Here is the features list for those that prefer some easy to read dot points.
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks
So if you are a strategy game fan, get ready for June 16 and the return of this venerable franchise, because it looks like it is going to be a must-play.